Note: Applicable to integrations with AU, UK and NZ payengine.
Generally, all leave types are visible to all full and part time employees. A leave rule version limits the leave types employee can file a leave for which always be the fallback when leave rule is deleted or when the employee's leave rule is removed.
Admin users and above can go to Management > Settings > Leave Rules, create different rules associated to particular leave types. Employees with an assigned Leave Rule will only be able to apply leaves according to the leave types associated in each condition within the rule version.
Users can also edit and view these leave rule versions to make further changes to the configurations.
Leave types can be configured for a particular leave version - Users can define the valid leave types for a leave rule version to enforce only valid leave types when the employee is applying for leave.
Additionally they can add different configuration and conditions for leave types within a set of leave rules. The effective dates of each version within the rule will be deciding factor for when it applies, the employee then will the new leave types in addition to the previous version.
All scenarios given below will cause an invalid request and throws up and error.
1. change in the conditions' effective date will not update the pending request
2. change in the leave rule in the employee profile will also not update the pending request
3. when leave type is updated to be Unavailable or deleted, the pending leave request should not be approved by the manager either.
The selected leave type is not available to the employee for the provided date range
Leave amount and cost will be based on the attached pay item linked to each leave types configured in the pay engine.
How does this Feature work?
- Navigate to Leave Rules tile.
- Create a leave rule by clicking icon and fill out the leave rule modal then save and close.
- Under Actions column, click icon to start setting up the conditions.
- Click to name the rule version and select effective date from when you would want the this rule to start applying then click Add.
Note: Leave rule applied to an employee will take effect from the date provided, past dates will not be covered by the rule.
- Under Actions column, click icon to add leave types you want the employees to see when they apply for leave.
- If you are satisfied with how you setup your leave rule version, go to the employee profile's Finance and Payroll tab to assign a Leave Rule.
- To check if the setup is correct, go to Leave module or Leave and Availability tab in the employee profile, click the icon, click Type dropdown to see the available leave types for the employee to select.
Please sign in to leave a comment.