As outlined in communications sent out yesterday 12 September;
First of all, please be assured that this issue is NOT related to any form of security breach or security-related incident.
An operational issue impacted our production database. This resulted in the site going down for a period of time whilst our team restored the database from our most recent database backup.
We can confirm that there will be some data loss from within Roubler employee profiles and related areas in relation to any changes made after 4am AEST 12th September 2023, which is when the last core database backup occurred.
Data Restoration Details
- Clocking logs are captured and backed up on a different server and cadence and have now been restored. Client Action: Review and complete timesheets that are sitting as 'unassociated' - these are timesheets that have invalid clocking logs (EG Staff have clocked in twice, not clocked in/out, Location is unknown)
- Timesheet data has been restored using this clocking information however has reverted to the status at the time of the backup. Client Action: If you payrolled timesheets, created a payrun or finalised a payrun yesterday 12 September please take the following steps to update your Roubler timesheets to the correct status so they will match your payrolled timesheets.
- Run timesheet report
- Check the timesheets in the report vs the timesheets in Roubler if their status in Roubler is not 'Payrolled'
- Make necessary changes to match them with the timesheet report
- Authorise and commit any timesheets that were / were to be processed in the payrun
- Payroll those timesheets
- Navigate to Management>Payroll>timesheet management and check the approved timesheets as per below ensure status is 'ANY"
- Delete any duplicated timesheets
If you are unsure about any of these steps please contact email@example.com
3. Personal & payroll related information updated in the employee profile for customers in Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom will be retrievable using Employee Details Audit Reports
- Navigate to Management>Reporting>Employee>Employee Details Audit Report and input 12 September as the date range to extract and view your report.
- Re-key changes to employee profiles made after 4am AEST.
What data was lost?
Data Loss Period 4am AEST – 3pm AEST
- Any rosters or shifts created, updated or removed will need to be re-keyed in Roubler.
- Notes left on timesheets during this period are not retrievable please contact staff to reapply these.
- Leave & expense requests that were submitted in Roubler will need to be resubmitted.
- Changes or updates to employee settings, location access or permissions will need to be reviewed and redone.
- Some personal & payroll related information updated in the employee profiles in South Africa, Singapore and Hong Kong will be retrievable by reviewing this in your respective pay engine audit reporting however this may be limited.
Our priority at this time is to assist customers with resolving any data loss. If you need assistance, please reach out to our support team, and we will assist you as quickly as possible.
Please be assured that following this, a full incident review will be conducted to determine how this happened and actions to prevent future incidents of this nature.