This article is a step by step guide for managers that need to add a leave request on employee's behalf into Roubler, for employees of differing timezones. Please follow through steps below.
If you as a Manager sits in a Brisbane Head Office, but the employee you are trying to add a leave for sits in Perth (a different timezone). You would need to change location to the sublocation that is the employee's scheduled location to add the leave in order to capture the right time/hours for the leave.
Picture: Roubler Dev timezone is in Brisbane (GMT+10), Roubler QA timezone is in Perth (GMT+8)
Scenario 1: Adding a leave in the same timezone
Add a leave for John Smith in the Roubler QA location:
1. If you find yourself in Roubler Dev (Brisbane) and you need to add a leave for an employee that is in the Roubler QA (Perth) location, you would need to change your location to Roubler QA.
- To do that, simply click the location dropdown menu (seen in the upper left corner of the page) and select the Roubler QA location.
2. Upon selecting Roubler QA, go to Leave Approval page and add the leave as usual.
- You are now in Roubler QA, add a leave for John Smith
- The time 7:00 AM TO 4:00 PM would be saved as it is because you added it in the same timezone.
Scenario 2. Adding a leave in a different timezone
1. If you enter the leave in a different timezone, the leave timings would be saved as the timezone of the location YOU were in.
- If you add a leave for John Smith (who is scheduled in Roubler QA- Perth) while you're in Roubler Dev (Brisbane) location, the time 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM would be changed to Roubler Dev's timezone (Brisbane) which is 9:00 AM TO 06:00 PM