Our technical team have been busy working on various back-end and front-end elements to bring you some big improvements.
These updates will be made to the platform on Thursday 25 April at 4am Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST).
There's nothing you need to do to install these updates. But, please note that the system will be down during this time for between 30 minutes and one hour. Clock-in tools will still be working and any information recorded by those tools will update automatically once the system is live again.
This version contains new viewing options (e.g. fortnightly and monthly in addition to daily and weekly views), different filtering and colour coding options to help you identify categories of information that are important to you, plus significant performance improvements.
New Look Time & Attendance
The largest change you will see from this update is to the T&A area of the software used by managers.
The look and feel of this tool have been updated to match the new roster and to provide more consistency across the platform.
The three most significant changes are:
- Summarised information: Each shift will be summarised into a more succinct format, but if you want to see more detailed information such as specific clocking instances or costs, just click on the summary row. You can also choose to expand all of the information so you don’t have to click on each shift individually.
- Partial shifts and clock entries: These now appear in their own section “Unassociated Shifts and Clock Entries”, to separate them from those shifts that were completed correctly. Note: you will still be able to complete/repair incorrect clocking entries as you've done previously.
- Approved leave: Leave will appear appropriately on the associated days, differently to how it appeared in the old version. For example, if someone has three days of leave, then that leave will appear on each of the three days.
Again, this does look different so we've prepared an online guide to take you through the changes.
User Interface Improvements
- Groupings: Where large amounts of data are shown, such as in the Roster and Time & Attendance screens, you’ll find grouping options to help you focus on the information you’re most interested in. You can either use "Ungrouped' to see all information or select from the following options: “Day”, “Location”, “Employee”, “Position” (for example Chef) or “Status” which will help you identify all the shifts which have been completed but not yet approved.
- Issue flags: We’ve made the interface more compact by using coloured bars to identify issues or statuses for shifts or timesheets. For example this is used to identify shifts that haven’t been published yet, to highlight shifts that overlap, and to show where someone has clocked in but forgot to clock out. Note: clicking on the red flag will provide information on the issue.
- Performance: You'll see that the buttons are much more responsive and changes made to views will load faster than before.
If you have any questions or require guidance, please contact your Customer Success Manager.
Article is closed for comments.