*This article was first distributed via email on 29 January, 2019.
2018 was a year of big changes and big challenges at break-neck speed for Roubler (we’re sure it was for you, too!).
Our team worked tirelessly to develop and improve a multitude of features based on suggestions from you – our customers. We stayed focused on our promise to deliver a true all-in-one system that makes compliance, workforce management and payroll as simple as possible.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Managers are now alerted when shifts breach compliance rules. Approvals workflows can be set up to seek permission from employees when a shift exceeds their maximum working hours, their minimum break time is adjusted or sits outside their working pattern. All interactions are logged in an audit trail, so reporting is a breeze!
- We also implemented shift patterns – regular working hours can be pre-set and then used to pre-fill rosters at the click of a button.
- Employees are covered too – they can now swap shifts using their Roubler mobile app and any changes automatically update the roster.
- Head office can set budgets for labour costs to help managers roster within their budgets. And we’ve added extra reports for better visibility of labour budgets.<.li>
- You can now create custom leave types and set public holidays to suit your company needs.
- Managers can now see on a single screen when all their staff are on leave using the new leave calendar.
Time & Attendance
- Approving timesheets is now even easier with auto-approvals: managers can set rounding rules and grace periods which are automatically applied to timesheets and can be instantly approved – no manual intervention required!
Pay & compliance
- We made managing right to work and visa compliance is even simpler - managers can upload multiple documents, alerts can be set to remind managers to verify right-to-work status and visa expiry dates, and it’s easier to check an employee’s visa status.
- We’ve automated the calculation of higher duties – if someone works in a higher position for a shift Roubler can automatically apply that Award so their pay is correct.
What's next? Here’s a snippet of what we have planned for early 2019:
- We are improving our rostering feature by adding the ability to schedule breaks and roster a staff member across different work areas/roles on one shift.
- Our integration with GO1’s e-learning platform will be extended so that course completion and enrolment information appear in the employee profile.
- We’re improving audit trails and reporting to make fulfilling compliance requirements quicker and easier.
- Leave management will be improved so that black-out periods can be set for busy times when you need all hands on deck.
We’re thrilled you’re on this journey with us and want to keep bringing you features and tools that add value to your working life. If you have suggestions or ideas of what you’d like to see on the Roubler platform in the future, feel free to discuss them with your Customer Success Manager.
Article is closed for comments.