- Demand-based roster (event attendees) - builds a roster based on the predicted number of customers who will attend a particular event as detailed in this document
- Demand-based roster (sales forecast ratios) - builds a roster based on sales forecasts
- Demand-based roster (sales forecast increments) - builds a roster based on sales forecasts and adds additional shifts at defined increments as detailed in this document
Create a template
- Open the Roster via the main navigation bar in Roubler
- Click …
- Select Templates
- Click Create
- Enter a Name, the number of Days the roster should cover, and the Location it applies to
- Click Close
IMPORTANT: We recommend building a demand-based roster template for events with a specific number of guests, or shifts that will have the same number of people instore at at any one time. This is important, as when a template is applied to a roster in a later step, you will be prompted to enter Forecast demand once only. This forecast will be applied to all shifts across the entire demand-based roster template you have built.
Add shifts to the template
- Click + to add a new shift to the template
- Select a Position
- Select a Location
- Toggle Demand based shift to Yes
- Enter the number of Minimum shifts and Maximum shifts - i.e. the minimum and maximum number of staff that should be rostered on for that specific shift. These fields allow users to set the thresholds for the number of shifts. The shifts will never surpass these thresholds.
- Enter the desired Ratio of staff to customers for that shift.
- Enter a Start time and End time for the shift
- Enter a Start day from which you would like these shifts to appear
- Enter an End day - either Same day or Next day for overnight shifts
- Enter a Break duration for these shifts
- Enter any relevant Employee notes
- Click Save
- Click Close
- Repeat steps 1 to 13 to build out the demand-based roster template.
Example of ratios:
The desired Ratio is 1 bartender for every 20 guests. The restaurant has 5 bartenders and at least 2 are required to be present during any given shift. The user would create the template with the following settings:
- Minimum shifts = 2
- Maximum shifts = 5
- Ratio = 20
When the roster is created:
- If the forecast demand is 10 guests, the template would create 2 shifts.
- If the forecast demand is 60 guests. the template would create 3 shifts.
- If the forecast demand is 200 guests, the template would create 5 shifts (the maximum number defined).
Apply the template to the roster
Applying the demand-based template to the roster is performed in a similar way to the usual Roster Template.
- Open Roster
- Click …
- Click Templates
- Click on the template you would like to apply to the roster. Templates with demand-based shifts will are indicated by the person icon next to the shifts:
- Click Apply
- Enter the Start day from which the template should be applied
- Enter Demand forecast - this number should be the expected number of guests for the event or anticipated number of people instore at one time for the period covered by the template.
Add regular shifts to the roster
- Add any regular/non-demand based shifts required (i.e. manager shifts) following these instructions.
Option 1: Assign shifts manually
Option 2: Use the smart roster feature to automatically assign each shift to an employee
Please sign in to leave a comment.