It is now possible to build rosters in Roubler based on sales forecasts imported from your point of sale system. This makes it easy to ensure the adequate number of staff are rostered on to meet demand, while taking into account company-wide break settings.
Note, this feature is related to our demand-based roster (customers) feature, which builds a roster based on the expected number of customers and is particularly useful for one-off events.
Import sales forecast data
Create a template
- Open the Roster via the main navigation bar in Roubler
- Click …
- Select Templates
- Click Create
- Enter a Name, the number of Days the roster should cover, and the Location it applies to:
- Click Close
Add shifts to the template
To add demand-based shifts to the roster:
- Click + to add a new shift to the template
- Select a Position
- Select a Location
- Toggle Demand based shift to Yes
- Enter the number of Minimum shifts and Maximum shifts - i.e. the minimum and maximum number of staff that should be rostered on for that specific shift. These fields allow users to set the thresholds for the number of shifts. The number of shifts will never surpass these thresholds. Please note that currently the maximum number of shifts that can be entered is 6. If you need to create more than 6 shifts, please repeat these steps to add a second set of shifts to the roster template.
- In the Ratio field, enter the desired ratio per hour using the same units as the sales forecast.
- Enter a Start time and End time within which you would like the shifts to appear
- Enter a Start day from which you would like these shifts to appear
- Enter an End day - either Same day or Next day for overnight shifts
- Enter a Break duration for these shifts
- Enter any relevant Employee notes
- Click Save
- Click Close
- Repeat steps 1 to 13 to build out the demand-based roster template.
Example of ratios:
- I want a minimum of one (1) bartender rostered on
- For every additional $100 of forecast sales, I want to add one more bartender
- The total number of bartenders must never exceed five (5) bartenders.
What to enter into Roubler:
- Minimum shifts = 1
- Maximum shifts = 5
- Ratio = 100
When the roster is created:
- If the forecast sales is $100, the template would create 1 shift.
- If the forecast sales is $200. the template would create 2 shifts.
- If the forecast sales is $800, the template would create 5 shifts (the maximum number defined).
Apply the template to the roster
- Open Roster
- Click …
- Click Apply sales demand template
- Pick the template from the Select a template dropdown
- Choose the Start date
- Click Apply
Add regular shifts to the roster
- Add any regular/non-demand based shifts required (i.e. manager shifts) following these instructions.
Option 1: Assign shifts manually
Option 2: Use the smart roster feature to automatically assign each shift to an employee