As part of the ongoing integration between Roubler and SimplePay, we have updated the process required when terminating employees.
Follow standard employee termination process within Roubler
First, users will need to follow the standard employee termination process within Roubler.
Part 1: Employee profile
Management > Employees
Only a Manager with Payroll and higher access have the ability to terminate an employee.
- Click the pencil icon to edit the employee
- Click Settings
- Click Terminate Employee
- Enter the Date notice was given
- Enter the Final date of employment - please note, you will actually need to enter the first day of non-employment in this field, NOT the final date they are employed
- Enter the Notice period provided (days)
- Click Next
- Enter the Reason the employee is being terminated, for example resignation, termination, etc.
- Enter any Exit notes
- Check the Employee resignation box if the employee resigned
- Check the Re-employable box if if the employee is re-employable, which will allow you to cancel the termination before last day of employment if required
- Under Unassign shifts:
- Select Unassign to immediately unassign all shifts after the last day of employment.
- Select Delete to immediately delete all shifts after the last day of employment.
- Click Next
- Upload any relevant Documents such as resignation letters. This will be visible on the documents and notes tab, and will therefore be visible to anyone with manager permissions or higher.
- Click Next
- Review the details of the employee termination the click Terminate employee.
Termination is automatically processed in SimplePay
Once the termination process is followed within Roubler, it will be automatically processed in SimplePay.
IMPORTANT: Please note the default code for the termination within SimplePay will be Termination Code 6 “Resigned”.
Steps to change the Termination Code in SimplePay
If the termination is for a reason other than “Resigned”, then it must be updated to the correct code within SimplePay.
- Log in to SimplePay with your existing account
- Navigate to “Employees”
- Select “Employee” (Terminated Employee)
- Select “End Service”
- Update UIF Status Code
How to cancel the termination process (in Roubler)
- If the terminated employee was set to re-employable, then in the Employee > Settings, you will see the Terminate button is not Cancel Termination.
- Click OK button on the popup alert.
- Upon clicking the OK button, the termination process will then be canceled.
- Once Termination process is complete and the final date of employment has passed, the Cancel Termination button will be hidden.
What happens when the termination is processed
The termination will be processed on the day following the employee's last day of employment. If the termination date is today, the system will process the termination within the next hour.
As part of this process:
- Leave requests after the last day of employment are deleted
- Any associated timecards for those leave requests will also be removed.
- Any timesheets after the last day of employment will be deleted
- The terminated employee will be unable to clock on
- Location access for the employee will be changed to "Terminated". They will then only have basic access to employee information, personal details, etc.
- The employee will not be allowed to submit leave requests
- The employee will not be allowed to accept shift requests
- Any pending and approved leave requests will be deleted
- Historic leave will still be shown but the employee will not be shown on the leave request page.
- Any associated timecards for those future leave requests will also be deleted.
- Future timesheets will be deleted.
- No notifications will be sent to the terminated employee.
- The terminated employee will be marked as Unrosterable.
- The manager will not be able to cancel the termination.
The following will also occur, depending on the settings chosen during the termination process:
- Unassign = no: shifts will remain in the roster with an alert Employee has been terminated
- Unassign = yes: shifts will be unassigned
- Delete = no: shifts will remain in the roster with an alert Employee has been terminated
- Delete = yes: shifts will be permanently deleted from the roster.
How to reinstate a terminated employee
- Follow this process to reinstate a terminated employee.
- Alternatively, you can create a new employee. If you create a new employee, the email address of the terminated employee will need to be changed to include the word "terminated" i.e. "firstname.lastname@example.org".