Manager Notifications: How it works
Manager Notifications has two components, the ability to change the email address and notification tick boxes. This section is displayed for all employees based on their locations but is restricted by the permission level in that location.
For example, Debra might be a worker in the Warehouse location and thus it will show tick boxes for the warehouse location, BUT since Debra is not a Manager in that location, the notifications will not be sent to her. This section shows what Debra WOULD receive IF she had the right permission level to receive the notifications.
Sam on the other hand is a Manager of the Roubler Warehouse location, on his Manager Notifications, it has tick boxes ticked for Leave Requests, Onboarding confirmations, Shift Requests, and Unavailability Requests. As he is a Manager, he will receive all of these requests via email. He can untick anything he does not want to receive. He can also change the email address that these notifications go to via the employee profile's Personal Information tab.
- Enter an alternative email where you want the email notifications to be sent to. Otherwise, leave it blank to send them to the default email.
As a manager, you can edit who receives the emails when a new employee is onboarded, applies for a shift, leave and unavailability by going to Employee Profile page or Manager Notifications section.
1. Go to Management > Employees , Select an employee then select Notification Settings tab and click Edit Notifications Settings.
- Simply toggle No/Yes on the notification type column of each location row you want the employee to receive then click the Update Notifications Settings button.
Reporting Hierarchy Tab:
The Managers and Direct Reports section allow you to add an employee to the charge of a Manager if the Manager is not the Manager of the location the employee works for.
For example, Stephen Murphy works for the Produce section in a Retail Store. There is a Manager for the Produce section that normally Manages Stephen. However, Sam Smith is a Training Duty Manager and has been assigned a handful of staff for him to manage. Therefore Sam would need access to Stephen’s leave request etc.
- To enable this, we would add Stephen as an employee in Sam's Manager and Direct Reports. This is done via Sam's Profile by selecting Stephen's name in the drop-down list and clicking the red plus (+) button and hit Save once selected.
Manager's section Notifications Sent to:
The Leave sent to section shows where these particular employee's leave is being sent to. The list will include all managers of that employee, but remember, each manager might not be set up to receive all types of leave. You will see the managers' names here if they are set up to receive any of the 4 notification types. Often you will see the Hr or Finance team's names here as they are set up to have full access to the company. If they are not to receive leave notifications, you can go into their individual profiles and untick the boxes for the notifications you do not want them to receive.
- Managers appear in this list if they have the same location access as the employee, have the 'Approve leave requests' permission enabled and have leave notifications turned on.
- Above names include the name of whom the employee was added under the manager's direct reports.
- The selected employee under "Reporting to" in onboarding will only receive a notification that it has been completed by the onboarding employee. This only happens once and does not apply to other notifications mentioned above.
The leave requests page is visible to employees with 'Create and update leave requests' and 'Approve leave requests' permissions.
- Direct managers: will be able to see the employee's leave request regardless of the employee's location in the company
- Managers of the direct managers: only if they have access to locations the employee has access to
- Manager of the location: only if they have access to locations the employee has access to
Notifications are sent to direct managers and location managers when a leave request is created, unless their leave notification settings are turned off for the employee's primary location
The 'Managers' section of the employee profiles shows the employees:
- Direct managers regardless of the permission
- All managers with 'Approve leave requests' permission to the locations the employee has access to and leave notifications enabled