How does this feature work?
You can create your own questions and specify if the question requires either a “Yes/No” or typed text response. If you set a question for a “Yes/No” response, you can set it to require a follow up by a manager if the response is "Yes". For example, if an employee answers "Yes" to "Have you been in touch with any sick people?", managers can be alerted via email to follow up on that response.
When clock in questions are enabled, they will appear anytime an employee attempts to clock in via the app. When the employee has answered all the questions, they can select “Next” to proceed.
The employee will see an overview of their answers before submitting. From here they can either modify their answers or submit them. Once the answers are submitted, the employee is successfully clocked in for their shift.
1. Creating a new question
If you have administrator level access or higher, go to Management > Settings > Clock in questions to create clock in questions for your employees.
When creating a new question, you have the following fields to configure:
- Question text: This is the question text that the employee will see in the app. Make sure this text is a question, as opposed to a statement (e.g. Have you been in contact with a person confirmed sick with COVID-19?).
- Question type: You have a choice between “Yes/No” and “text”. Setting a “Yes/No” response allows the employee to toggle between “Yes” or “No” when selecting their answer. Setting a “text” response allows the employee to type free text into the field when answering the question.
- Alert manager if response is 'yes': This only works alongside the “Yes/No” question type. By default this is set to “No”. Once set to “Yes” an alert will be sent to managers if employees answer “Yes” to any question.
Once you have configured your question, save to complete this step.
2. Edit or delete a question
The only part of a question you can edit is the “alert manager if response is 'yes'” portion.
You cannot edit a question after it has been created, as editing a question may skew historical responses.
If you no longer want that question to appear you can delete it.
3. Organising your questions
If you have more than one question, you can choose the order of how it appears in the app. Use the up/down arrows alongside each question to place them in the sequence you require.
4. Clock in questions follow up and report
If an employee answers “Yes” to a question that has been flagged to alert managers, it is the managers’ responsibility to follow up on those responses. In the automatic email they receive, they will be provided with a direct link to view the clock in questions report.
Alternatively, if you have manager level access or higher you can view employees’ clock in questions responses via Management > Reporting > T&A > Clock in questions report.
By default the report will only display responses that require a follow up. You can uncheck the option to “Only show 'follow up required'” to view all employee responses.
You can customise the timeframe of this report, and also export this report to CSV if needed.
In the report you will be able to see the following information:
- Employee: The employee’s full name
- Clock in time: The time the employee clocked in
- Shift: If they had a scheduled shift
- Follow up required: The employee’s “Yes/No” response
- Followed up by: The manager who has followed up with this employee
- Actions: Expand to view which questions answered by a specific employee require a follow up. You can mark as done if the follow up has been actioned.
How do my employees access this feature?
In their Roubler app, they simply need to clock in as per normal. By tapping on the "clock in" tile, they will automatically be shown the clock in questions.
How can I enable this feature?
You must have mobile clocking enabled to use this feature. If you have administrator level access or higher, go to Management > Settings > Mobile clocking.
Under "Enable clock-in questions", toggle to "Yes" and save.
We recommend enabling this feature after you have created your questions.
How do I learn more about this feature?