Management > Employees
All employee information is stored under employee profiles.
There are several ways to navigate employee profiles and make changes to employee records either individually or in bulk.
Search for employees by keyword
You can search employees by keyword to simplify or shorten your displayed employee list.
To search employees, go to the search icon to activate the search bar, and type in your keyword. Your results will appear automatically.
There are several filtering options built into Roubler:
- Filter by Location, Position or Pay Group
- Click the arrows icon next to the visible filters to display additional filtering options:
- Pay rules
- Pay levels
- Pay run template
- Pay classification
- Employment type
- Primary pay type
- Leave rules
- Click the filter icon to show:
- Administrative employees only
- Non-payrolled employees only
- Rosterable employees only
- Terminated employees only
You can customise what is displayed in your employee list, so that you have all the information you need at a glance. The column options are:
- First name: The employee’s first name as on record (e.g. Jessica).
- Last name: The employee’s last name as on record (e.g. Jones).
- Preferred name: The employee’s preferred name as on record (e.g. Jess).
- Primary location: The employee’s primary work location at your business (e.g. Milton).
- Primary location permission: The employee’s highest permission level at their primary work location (e.g. administrator).
- Position: The employee’s position title as on record (e.g. Area manager).
- Pay group: These can be used to group your staff into different pay runs (e.g. weekly).
- Start date: The employee’s employment start date at your business (e.g. 22 June 2020).
- Employment type: The employee’s employment type (e.g. part-time).
- Pay level: In countries where this setting is applicable, this can be used to keep track of rates using pay levels (e.g. Sous chef level 2).
- Pay rule: In countries where this setting is applicable, this can be used to keep track of custom pay rules set against an employee (e.g. Apple Cafe pay rules 2019).
- Display on roster: This will allow the employee to be visible in the roster.
- Display on costings: This will allow the employee to be visible in costings.
To customise your display columns, select the columns icon then tick the option(s) you would like displayed. The option(s) you select will automatically display in the background.
You can sort the employee list in ascending or descending order of any category currently displayed.
To sort the employee list, simply click on your preferred column header (e.g. first name or primary location). The default sorting is by ascending order of employees’ last names.
Edit employee records/profiles individually
You can find detailed explanations of the sections and fields found in employee profiles in this support document.
- Search for or locate the required employee
- Click Edit in the Actions column
- In the left hand navigation bar, select the area you would like to update
- Click Edit in the bottom right
- Make any necessary edits.
- Click Update/Save
Edit employee records/profiles in bulk
It is possible to modify multiple employee records at once. The following fields can be edited:
- Display costing
- Employment type
- Pay rate
- Pay basis
- Pay hours/week
- Pay hours/day
- Pay days/week
- Check the box next to the relevant employees. You can manually tick alongside their name, or use the checkbox at the top of this column to select all employees.
- Click the hamburger icon
- Click Modify
- Update the field/s you would like to modify in bulk.
- Click Bulk update then Confirm bulk update to apply the changes.
Export employee list as a CSV file
You can export your entire employee list in CSV format. The downloaded CSV file will only contain information based on the columns displayed. Before you start the download, be sure to have all the columns you need displayed in the employee list.
- Filter the list as relevant
- Click Export CSV button to start the download