Please note, this support document is for the new employee onboarding feature released in May 2022. This is currently only available for new customers who are in the implementation process with Roubler. For information on the legacy employee onboarding feature, please see this support document.
Management > Settings > Onboarding settings
Default permissions: Administrator or higher
Roubler's employee onboarding feature enables businesses to set up predefined and customisable workflows for onboarding new employees.
Understanding and navigating onboarding workflows
On this screen you will see any existing onboarding workflows and the following columns:
- Name: Shows the name of the workflow
- Locations: Shows the location/s the workflow applies to
- Positions: Shows the position/s the workflow applies to
- Employment Type: Shows the employment type/s the workflow applies to
- Status: Indicates whether the workflow is active or inactive
- Actions: Provides the option to edit, activate/deactivate and permanently delete workflows
In the top left you can filter these workflows to show:
- All workflows
- Only active workflows
In the top right you can also:
- Add workflows
- Show/hide columns
- Search for workflows
- Export a list of workflows as a CSV file.
Create new onboarding workflows
Click the + button
Enter the Name of the workflow
Enter a Description (optional)
Add the Locations, Positions and/or Employment Types the workflow will apply to.
An onboarding workflow for managers might include additional steps, compared with an onboarding workflow for floor staff. Alternatively, team members at Head Office may have different onboarding steps to store employees.
A company can have only one onboarding workflow for any given combination of locations/positions. If Locations, Positions and/or Employment Types are not selected, the workflow will apply to the entire company.
- Click Add
Edit and customise workflows
Click the Pencil icon under Actions to edit and customise the workflow. We recommend making the workflow inactive before you edit it, to prevent employees from being onboarded incorrectly.
- You will see the following will appear by default. These are mandatory and cannot be removed:
- Job details
- Personal details
- Tax declaration
- Bank details
- Right to work
- Final declaration
- Add additional steps as required:
- Custom Document
- Custom Form (User-Defined Forms)
- Add customised steps as required:
- Document - this enables PDFs or Microsoft Office documents to be uploaded and included in the onboarding process
- Text, images and videos - allows text, videos and images to be displayed in the onboarding process, for example a welcome message or brand video. Text can be formatted using Markdown notation, and images and videos can be included using Markdown links.
- Custom Forms - These are the User-Defined Forms that can be created using User Defined Fields for additional information gathering purposes. Forms can be created via Management Settings - User-Defined Forms
- Ensure Employee must sign is set to Yes or No as appropriate. Click the Pencil icon and toggle Requires signing to change this setting. Don't forget to Save changes.
- Use the up/down icons to change the order of the steps in the workflow. If you try to we don’t recommend changing the order of the mandatory steps, as some of them rely on information gathered in previous steps. You will receive a notification.
- Click the X button to delete a step - note you will not be able to delete mandatory steps.
- Your changes will be automatically saved.
|17/10/2022||9.3||Adding User Defined Forms to onboarding workflow to gather additional information during onboarding|
|16/11/2022||9.4(Upcoming)||Addint Employment Type filter to onboarding workflow|