Management > Settings > Positions
Any changes to company settings made will be globally, across your entire business.
Create and edit positions
- Go to Management > Settings > Edit Positions
- Click the + button to add a new position, or click the pencil icon to edit an existing position.
- Enter the Name of the position
- Enter a Description of the roles and responsibilities for the position
- Select the Location that this position will sit within. For example, the marketing department may only work out of the head office in Sydney, whereas store assistants might be company-wide positions. We recommend leaving the roles as Company-wide unless absolutely necessary.
- Select the Permission group that this position will be assigned to. For details of permission groups, see this article.
- Select the Employment type to determine whether this position is for full time, part time or casual employees. You can also leave this blank, if employees with this position could have differing employment types - for example, if some are part time and others full time.
- (Australia only) Select the Agreement if you would like this position to be tied to a specific award or enterprise bargaining agreement. We recommend leaving this blank, and assigning this at the employee level for maximum flexibility.
- Enter any Requirements that employees with this position will need to have to do their role, for example a forklift license or responsible service of alcohol. See this support document for details on setting up requirements.
- Toggle on Higher Duty if this position has been created specifically for those on higher duties. This can be applied to the roster.
- Select the Pay level you would like this position to be associated with. See this support document for details on setting up pay levels.
- Add Positions that this position can hire. This will limit employees who have this position with hiring permissions to only be able to hire employees with a select list of positions. If this is blank, and the employee has hire permissions, they will be able to hire all position types.
- Enter an Alias for the position if needed. This will appear in various locations across your system, including the roster, and could be an abbreviated version of the position name.
- Click Save.
- First, ensure that no employees have this position associated with them - otherwise you will be prompted to do this.
- Click the pencil icon to edit an existing position
- Click Delete
- Click OK.