Management > Settings > Edit location
Any changes to company settings made will be globally, across your entire business.
Locations are fundamental to hierarchies across your business, and affect reporting, commissions, expense claims and more. It’s essential they are set up correctly from the start. You can also add new locations as needed.
A location can either be a specific store, or it could be a location within your venue such as the front bar. We recommend creating as simple a structure as possible, but you can nest locations up to four levels.
Create and edit locations
- Click the + button to add a new location, or click the pencil icon to edit an existing location
- Enter the Location Name
- Enter the Country where this location is operating
- Enter the State if applicable
- Enter the Parent Location (this is the location where the location you are creating sits under)
- Enter the Location Timezone
- Enter the Location Locale
- Enter the Paygroup if you would like to link a location to a specific pay group. We would typically recommend leaving this blank, to use the default, unless there is a specific reason to link the two. If you select a specific pay group here, this pay group can only be selected for this location.
- Click Service Location and select Create service location to automatically create an identical location in the pay engine. If it already exists, select the existing service location from the dropdown.
- Enter the Order in which you would like this location to appear in the dropdown menu in your navigation bar. The parent company is typically set to 0, so you if you would like this location to appear first, enter 1.
- Enter an Alias for the location if needed. This will appear in various locations across your system, and could be an abbreviated version of the location name.
- Enter any Requirements that employees at this location will need to have to do their role, for example a forklift license or responsible service of alcohol. See this support document for details on setting up requirements.
- Check This location can be rostered to make it possible for staff to be rostered on at this location. If this location is a head office, you would not check this box.
- Check This location is reportable to include this location in your reporting. If you check this box, the following options will appear:
- Disregard the Roubler Penalty Rates field.
- Check Enable on-cost to add on costs to the labour costings on the roster for this location, then enter:
- Payroll tax %
- Workers comp %
- Other %
- Annual leave %
- Sick leave %
- Click Save
- First, ensure that no employees have this location associated with them - otherwise you will be prompted to do this.
- Click the pencil icon to edit an existing location
- Click Delete
- Click OK.
View archived locations
- Check Show Archived in the top left corner
- Click on the rounded arrow symbol on the far right of the location
Article is closed for comments.