This feature enables managers to add customised fields to to employee profiles. These fields will appear on the Additional Information screen under each individual employee's profile, and can be populated from there. These fields are commonly used to keep track of items provided to employees as part of their onboarding process, such as laptops.
- Click Management > Settings > User Defined Field Settings
- Click Add (+ icon)
- Enter the Name of the field
- Enter the Order in which you would like this field to appear on the employee profile. If you enter 1, this field will appear at the top.
- Enter the Label of the field. This will be displayed on the employee profile.
- Enter a Tooltip for the field. This will be displayed when a user hovers over the field.
- Enter a Placeholder for the field. This only applies to text fields, and will be displayed inside the field until the user enters their own value.
Enter a Custom Validator. This is a regular expression (regex) and is used to ensure the correct data is entered into a field. For example, if the field should contain only numbers, this can be ensured using regex. Note this is for advanced technical users only.
Select the Data Type:
- Boolean Yes/No (checkbox)
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Whole Number
- Decimal Number
- Date Only
- Select the Field Level to define whether the field is Optional or Required
- Select the Owner Type - this will always be Employee
Check the Available? checkbox to make this field appear on employee profiles
- This field will now appear on employee profiles under the Additional Information screen.
Article is closed for comments.