Management > Settings > Company settings > Rounding rules
Permission level: Manager
This is where you define the rounding rules and grace periods for clocking data.
This affects the costings of timesheets and helps define exactly how much employees are paid. Please make sure all of rounding rules and grace periods align with your business policies and procedures before saving your settings.
You can also set universal automatic breaks here, if required.
Rounding rules define how clocking data is rounded - by how many minutes, and in which direction. This flows through to payroll and affects the exact times employees are paid for.
Example: A typical setting here would be to round to the nearest 15 minutes. To do this, you would set the round time to 15, and set the round direction to nearest. If an employee clocks in at 7 minutes to 9, this would be rounded forward to 9. If they clock in at 8 minutes to 9, this would be rounded backward to 8:45.
- Click Ignore rounding rules if you would NOT like to use this feature.
- Select a Round arrive time to determine the number of minutes by which the arrive time will be rounded.
- Select an Arrival round direction - backwards, nearest or forwards
- Backwards (by the specified number of minutes)
- To the nearest (number of minutes)
- Forwards (by the specified number of minutes)
- Repeat for Round departure time and Departure round direction
- Click Save
Grace periods differ to rounding rules, in that they affecthow and when timesheets are automatically approved. If both start and end times of the shift fall within the grace periods defined, the timesheet with be automatically approved so managers don't have to do this manually.
- Click Automatically approve when within grace period to switch this feature on
- Select an Arrive early grace period - this refers to the grace period given to the early arrivals
- Select an Arrive late grace period - this refers to the grace period given to the late arrivals.
- Select an Depart early grace period - this refers to the grace period given if employees leave before their shift ends.
- Select an Depart late grace period - this refers to the grace period given for overtime.
- Click Save
Automatic breaks are applied universally to all employees within Roubler. We typically recommend setting this up when you are building the roster, rather than using this feature, to ensure compliance and enable various employees to have various break times.
- Click Apply auto break to switch this feature on
- Enter the Break duration in minutes
- Enter how frequently you would like to enforce a break, by entering the number of hours under Every hour