Managers can send a shift request to an employee to work a shift that is outside of their standard hours.
Ensure the right settings are in place
First as a precondition, you will need to turn the feature on in Company Settings. This will serve as a basis for the minimum break hours.
Create the shift and assign
Open the Roster via the main navigation bar
- Add a shift that is outside of the employee's standard hours
- Click OK
- A red flag will appear on the shift along with the alert: Shift is outside of standard hours
- Click on the shift
- Click Temporarily vary standard hours
- Fill in the additional shift which will then be sent to the employee as a request
- Once the shift request has been sent, the shift will be flagged as blue which means it is pending.
- The employee will have the option to Accept or Decline the request
- If the employee accepts the request, the shift will be published
- If the employee declines the request, the shift will not be published and will show as Unassigned in the roster.