As a manager you can commit timesheets and send them to Payroll by going to Payroll > Commit Timesheets page. Please follow through the steps below:
Requirement: You must have an access to Payroll tools to be able to proceed. (eg Access: Manager with Payroll, Admin, etc.)
There should be authorised timesheets first to be able to commit timesheets then send to Payroll.
A. How to Authorise Timesheets for Payroll?
1. From the dashboard click Time
2. Make sure the shifts you want to authorise are “Approved” then by clicking the "Select All" box beside employee, drop down the cog and click “Authorise”, all the approved shifts in that date will be marked as “Authorised”
3. Authorised shifts will appear orange within the status column
- This will lock down times for payroll (with no further changes able to be made).
Authorised timesheets are now ready for Payroll.
B. How to Commit Timesheets to send to Payroll?
1. Click Management > Payroll
2. You will then be redirected to the Payroll page, where there are 4 options for Payroll tools. (Commit Timesheets, Timesheet Management, Payruns and Payroll Settings) In this case, you will use the Commit Timesheets tool.
3. Click the Timesheet Management tile.
4. You will then see this page (seen below)
- (1) Date Range - This is where you will have to select a valid date range for timesheets to commit. (If you clicked on the underlined date, a date picker will appear, this will allow you to customize your preferred date range, eg. range of 1 month, forthnightly, and so on. It is recommended to check that your date range is a valid date range to avoid errors in displaying the timesheets.)
- (2) Paygroup dropdown - This is where you will select the paygroup. When a paygroup is selected - the page will be displaying all the timesheets under that paygroup.
- (3) Name Search Field - This is where you will search for particular employee.
- (4) Selector - Deselector checkbox - This is where you will have an option to select or deselect particular employee's timesheets for payroll. Once you have selected a timesheet, this will enable to buttons: Export Committed Shifts (6), Export Leave (7), Commit Selected (8), Send Selected to Payroll (9).
- (5) Status - This is where you will have option to filter and display your preferred timesheets' status. (Status are displayed as below) Once you've selected a certain status, it will display all of the timesheets that has that status.
- (6) Export Committed Shifts - This is will allow you to export committed shifts into .csv file. All authorised timesheets will be exported.
- (7) Export Leave - This is will allow you to export authorised leaves into .csv file. All authorised leaves will be exported.
- (8) Commit Selected - When this is clicked, a warning will appear to confirm you want to commit the selected timesheet/s, if you click the OK button, this will commit the selected timesheets and are ready to be sent to Payroll. Once confirmed, a successful message will appear below, "Shifts committed"
- (9) Send Selected to Payroll - When this is clicked, a warning will appear to confirm you want to send the selected timesheet/s to Payroll, if you click the OK button, this will send the selected timesheets to Payroll. Once confirmed, a successful message will appear below, "Shifts uploaded"
- If there's an error with the timesheets, the system will give you warning of the errors. Import error details - in this modal, it will display all the timesheet with errors and their details - to give you chance to correct/modify these timesheets.
Article is closed for comments.