What is the smart roster?
This feature helps you automatically fill shifts with the most relevant employee for that shift. It works seamlessly with the alerts that are switched on in your alert settings, ensuring shifts are are filled in line with these built-in rules.
Smart roster rules
The smart roster works according to the following rules:
- Find everyone who can work at a location
- Rank them by:
- Least hours worked first
- Then by rating
- Then selected at random if both hours and rating are the same
- Then pick the highest-ranked person who:
- Isn't working another shift (or leave) between 12 hours before and 12 hours after the shift
- Isn't a weekend shift if they worked a weekend in the previous month
- Adding this shift won't increase their hours per week worked over their max hours setting
Smart roster settings
The smart roster is switched on by default, with rankings based on Employment type only.
To change these settings:
- Click Management > Settings > Smart Roster Settings
- Apply settings as needed:
- Employment type: Roster employees in the order of full time, then part-time, then casual.
- Even work allocation: Roster employees of various work types and criteria evenly over the week.
- Additional information: Roster employees based on factors such as licences, qualifications and rankings.
Using the smart roster
- Create a roster roster with unassigned shifts. Otherwise, the following error will appear: “There are no unassigned shifts that need to be filled.” We suggest using last week's shifts as a template. Click here to find out more.
- Click the ... icon (beside the '+' button)
- Click Smart Roster to automatically assign employees to your unassigned shifts. The number of shifts that were successfully assigned will be displayed in the successful message at the bottom of the screen.
Article is closed for comments.